Monday, July 11, 2011

The Summer Diaries #9- Bye Bye Carbon Footprint, Hello Awesome Find

"Continue to surprise those who would put you in a neat demographic. Be insistently curious."
~Gordon Gee

One never knows what the day will hold. As Ollie (the new bike) and I set out on our morning errands, we never expected to see a gumball machine wave at us from the shinny window of the antique store.

After doing a double take, almost crashing, and quickly looking around to make sure that no one had spotted us, we continued to frolic about the town, stopping at the bank, post office, health food store, and pharmacy.

"A real, vintage, old-fashioned gumball machine...could it really be?" I continued to wonder.


With all of our errands done, we stopped, Ollie and I, and made that nifty gumball machine ours. It's also worth noting that rather than toss my broken bicycle basket, I fixed it this morning with some strong binder's twine. Yay for making-do and saving myself $20.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...