Thursday, December 22, 2011

Giving Thanks

"Every time we remember to say "thank you", we experience nothing less than heaven on earth."
~ Sarah Ban Breathnach


My mom and dad provided us with a most wonderful Thanksgiving.  The details were perfect.  The food was delish.

Is it just me, or is there something ultra special and peaceful about Thanksgiving day?  


As always, my mom created the perfect balance of natural and sparkle.  She is indeed Martha Stewart's long lost twin.



Oh Mamoo and Pap, how we missed you both.  As the years pass, those memories become sweeter, more cherished and closer to our hearts.  We continue to honor your lives with the little pieces we have left, even if it's something as simple kitchen timer.  You are with us still.  This we know.


I enjoyed being with my favorite people, my lovely little family.  


Unfortunately, I lost the wishbone contest.  Shucks.


Broccoli Casserole.  Stuffing.  Turkey.  Homemade Bread.  
Yum. 


Funny story about the above turkey candle.  You see, always one to love food, I mistook the festive votive for a piece of chocolate.  Now my three-year-old teeth are forever imprinted in the waxy feathers...I've never lived that down.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...