Sunday, August 19, 2012

"Whoo" Would Have Thought?

“Industry, thrift and self-control are not sought because they create wealth, but because they create character.”
 ~Calvin Coolidge


  Are you like me?  
Do you look for the details?  
Do you see the potential and the fun in something forgotten or left behind?

For whatever reason, I truly marvel at the lost world of others.  I love to scour thrift shops and find buried treasures- not of value- but of opportunity and potential.


Rewind to last summer.

My mom and I found ourselves in a Salvation Army looking for a few old shirts with which she was using to make the most adorable pillows.  While there, I stumbled upon these fascinating owl bookends at the amazing price of $2.99 for the set.


These once discarded and lonely friends now have a new lavender flocking and are on their way to room 004.  

Yes, please.  Instant classroom decor.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...