Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A Day in the Bakery

You'd think that as much 'Ace of Cakes' as I watch, I could at least handle the basics. But, it's quite a different story. Sadly enough, I want so badly to be a cake decorator. I can think of nothing I'd love more...being creative with sweet treats! However, it just doesn't seem to be in the cards for me. I tried to make a pineapple upside down cake from scratch for Chad-o's birthday; it failed. Then I tried to make Linda a Java Blue layer cake for her birthday. I thought I nailed the precious dessert, only to open the refrigerator door and find that the entire cake slid apart and was smeared and smashed all through the condiment rack. Therefore, like a true champion I decided to step back, evaluate my strengths, and begin to slowly build my confidence . Thankfully, I was able to pull off this amazing cookie recipe without any disasters. Ladies and gentlemen, put your potholders together for Cathy's Cookies!! (It's truly a miracle..thanks God!)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...