Thursday, November 5, 2009

Tree of Thanks

"Grace isn't a little prayer you chant before receiving a meal.
It's a way to live."
~Attributed to Jacqueline Winspear

I'm really enjoying this festive Thanskgiving tree and the memories it holds.

Notice the cute little Pilgrims and Native Americans?

My crafty mama made them for my 4th grade Social Studies project. Yep, she did such a great job that I received an A+ and had "my work" displayed in a drugstore window.

I thoroughly enjoy recycling such nostalgic treasures and seeing these cute figurines perched among the branches. All these years later, I still remember her working away on their intricate outfits, while Dad watched Sunday football and I painted the cardboard background.

Ironically, she and my dad came over the other night while I was decorating and unwrapping these pieces of my past. I really enjoy when they stop over, especially when they bring me coffee and soup.

I'm thankful for landing such great parents.

And, I'm thankful for landing such a great life.

I have it good, and I'm beyond blessed.

Thanks, Life. I'll continue working hard to keep up my end of the bargain.

3 comments:

Maria said...

This needs the like button! I am blessed to have you in my life too. Thanks for sharing all your blessings with others.

Shannon said...

I love your tree! Too cute!

Greta said...

I love you fam too. Can I borrow them? Josie could be doing so much with the J's right now.
MISS YOU!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...