Sunday, March 7, 2010

Planning for Picnics

"It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade."
~Charles Dickens

This morning, the sun streamed through the kitchen door and blanketed my body with warmth as I let the pupparoo out for her morning potty break.

"What is this familiar feeling?" my skin wondered. "Could it be? Could it really be? Could it actually be a bit of solar generated warmth?"

Mr. Golden started my entire day off on the right foot. I enjoyed my breakfast and then started dreaming of picnics- a day outdoors with good food, beautiful weather, and wonderful friends. You know the kind of day...the one that begins in the early afternoon and ends when campfire embers are reduced to nothing more than smoldering ashes.

I live for that.

What better way to enjoy this day than to have my own little array of indoor picnic goodies? I'm all set for a weeks worth of healthy, picnic style lunches. Be jealous- it's alright. (wink)

2 comments:

Maria said...

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. I think I have burned myself out. I have not cooked anything good since my last posting...Torta.

I wish I could get motivated to make something fun again.

Jack wants to put his bird on the "feather tether" he bought and take his bird for a walk.

another long week at work for me.

2 late nights and lots of meetings. blah.

hope you have a good week.

Ashley Schott said...

Looks amazing! I know, I cannot WAIT for picnics!!! It's almost here!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...