Sunday, March 6, 2011

I wonder...

"Where ever you are, be there totally."
~Eckhart Tolle

Today, here at 403, is a most quiet day. We're all snug and taking some time to soak up the last hours of weekend. With the chores of out the way it's been an easy day- lots of reading and little odds and ends, such as cleaning make-up brushes.

Outside, snow flutters to the ground with a most gentle touch. It's so light and fluffy that one can almost hear the "whisp" of white landing on the daffodil bulbs pushing through a crunchy layer of dirt. Although it may be hard to believe, it is most definitely snowing-- and it's most definitely March 6th.

My life, as of late, has taken on a new feel. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I can tell you this-- things are different. I'm prepared and ready for a big change that's about to occur, and while I can't for sure say what that change is going to be, I can tell you that it's going to happen. How's that for being vague? ha.

I'm rather disappointed in myself. I've been taking graduate classes and working towards my Master's degree. However, I despise it. I've never felt so sure that I was wasting my time and/or watching hours of my life go down the tubes. I understand the whole idea of "continued education", but I have yet to feel, after numerous tries, that it's really worth it. I like what I do. No. Actually, I love what I do. Maybe I'm overly negative today, who knows. But I can tell you this. I love being a teacher. I love working with children. I love learning and gaining knowledge about new ideas. I despise grad school.


Recently, I've been spending hours reading. I'm engrossed in a few different books and all I really want to do, as of late, is make coffee and read. I've found myself interested in works by the Dali Lama and stories about people with Autism and Asperger's. I've traveled to Europe and been to the circus and taken a convertible road-trip to Florida. To say the least, my little adventures have been overly entertaining. No wonder I have such an affinity for literature.

I've also been knitting away-- making little booties for some of the sweetest mamas-to-be. Last week I had the awesome privilege of teaching the most darling lady to knit. After one lesson, she proved herself to have highly advanced skills. Lucky me, she brought along Starbucks. I can hardly wait for our next lesson together this Wednesday. I simply love passing along such a wonderful form of creativity and art.

And, I'd be amiss to finish this post without mentioning the fact that somewhere along the line I blinked and woke up to March. Really? Impossible.


Here's to ignoring the pointless work I should be doing and grabbing my newest book.

sinister grin.

2 comments:

Greta said...

I'm glad to hear your views on Grad school.. now I don't feel as guilty for not doing it. :) I wish I were the one learning to knit with you and share a starbucks or ANY coffee for that matter. I miss you and I can't believe it is snowing there GEEZ!

Soon very soon I have to see you. Love you and keep me posted on you!

Maria said...

I know what you mean. Something is coming around the corner? Spring?

why is life broken into segments... after PSSA's....after grad school...after the audit...

I enjoyed my grad school classes. I enjoyed learning and sharing with the others in my class. I was lucky. It was before Dibels and I got my reading certificate. every class my instructors exposed us to the newest children and young adult literature. I wish it could be the same for you.

While I did not enjoy getting my certificate for Special Ed, I liked the challenge of getting the A, even though I went into every class with the attitude "I don't care if I get a C"

I wish I enjoyed the challenge of beating this audit...it makes me very nervous as the days count down.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...