Saturday, September 24, 2011

Hello, Weekend

"Always aim at complete harmony of thought and word and deed. Always aim at purifying your thoughts and everything will be well."
~ Mohandas Gandhi


As I peered out the window this morning, the skies displayed the color of used gym socks—not the promising type of fall-ish morning I had envisioned. As I stood at the counter, steeping my blooming white peach tea, the clouds slightly parted, sun began to peek through, and a family of squirrels raced across the lawn. “That’s better,” I silently thanked.

I wonder what today will hold. I know what I’d like to do, but here I go dreaming again. Wanna hear, anyway?



Yesterday evening, after a long week of work, I was walking through Lowes. Luckily for me- sad for our local society- Lowes boasts the most interesting and comprehensive selection of books and magazines in our small town. As the husband went off in search of the perfect light bulb, I lost myself in the world of do-it-yourself books. This proved dangerous, on so many levels.

First, I spotted a book on raising chickens. I picked up this grandiose piece of informative literature and dove into the world of hens and coops and brown eggs. And, as if that wasn’t enough, I had to spot the tiny pamphlet, clad with a brown paper cover, depicting numerous layouts for small, cozy cabins. I’m pretty sure, I mean I’m 100% positive, that at this point I was hearing angels sing.


This is nothing new, really. I’ve longed for an organic garden and a rustic place to call my own for quite awhile now. Who knows (wink)? I can tell you this though: I’ve started a little fund (a few months ago, actually). The pennies are being saved.


So, with that, I’ll tackle my chores and get this day rolling. You know what’s on my mind and in my heart. What do you have planned for this lovely day?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...