Saturday, January 14, 2012

How Do You Measure a Year in This Life?

"Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand
Six Hundred Minutes
Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand
Moments so dear
Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand
Six Hundred Minutes
How Do You Measure - Measure A Year?"
~ from Rent, the musical

* Dear Reader,  

Please enjoy this photo essay and pictorial journey through 2011.  As these pictures are a smattering of the many memories from the past year, you can only imagine the story that goes with each one.  As I reflect, I loose myself in the moments...I hear the sounds, I smell the scents and I feel the love.  What an absolutely fantastic and wonderful year it proved to be.  

The lessons learned continue to inspire me and push me to new heights.  Perhaps the biggest lessons I learned  were these:  I am capable of more than I'll ever realize and nothing great is ever accomplished alone.

To my family, thank you for your endless support in all of my endeavors. Your love, by far, is my greatest gift.

To my friends, who encouraged me and came to my rescue and even let me cry when the goin' got too tough-- thank you. I am blessed by your beautiful spirits.

May 2012 continue to teach, inspire, challenge and motivate us.  As we turn to a new chapter, allow us to embrace our most favorite memories, learn from our difficult ones, and open our hearts to the amazement that awaits us.

Much love,
Cathy


January
- Can you say, "snow days?"  
- I finally mastered the art of double-pointed needles.  Huge Event.







February
- I almost lost my mind due to grad school and working full time.  It was constant studying and work.
- I started a new tradition...valentine lollipops.





March
- Much to my relief the bulbs I planted the previous fall finally emerged.
- While her PapaBear was away, CT and I walked the bike trail.  She was also introduced to Starbucks and whip cream.





April
- Our little crew embarked on our biking adventures, which ultimately culminate in a delicious meal.
- The daffodils bloomed.
- I survived by continually repeating this mantra:  "Don't wish it were easier.  Wish you were better."











May
- Chad-o built the first fire of the season.
- Hello seventh and eighth grade.











June
- My first trip to Stone Harbor in ten years.  













July
- Happy 7th Birthday, CT.
- In between summer classes, I manage to enjoy some knitting on the patio.
- Ninja and I celebrate our 3rd anniversary.

















August
- My mom, brother and I spend an incredibly fun day together, starting with food, of course.
- I plant the colias I rooted and take them to my new classroom.




September
- School is in full swing.  I'm often at Starbucks doing work.
- I blew out 30 birthday candles.

















October
- Fun, food and festivals.














November
- I began counting the minutes until graduation from grad school.
-We decorate the Thanksgiving tree.













December
- I graduate from St. Vincent College.  Grad school is officially over!
- The house transforms into a Christmas cottage.
- We take a few fun day trips.








What a blessed 2011.  Here's to an even better 2012.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...