Monday, April 12, 2010

Princess Posies

"The whole world, as we experience it visually, comes to us through the mystic realm of color."
~Hans Hofmann

Lately, I've made a serious attempt to add some color to my wardrobe and to the decor of 403. I really love color, but because I detest when things look "busy" or "cluttered," I hesitate to use it in an abundant amount. I prefer simple and plain with an added accent here and there. Think vanilla icing with colored sprinkles.

Therefore, my recent purchase at a local nursery really made my head spin. I wonder if I'm going through some type of personal crisis? Pink daisy-looking flowers? Really?

I mean, they are pretty and all, but they just scream "princess" or "beauty-queen wanna be"-- two things that I've always made fun of and found ridiculously humorous.

But, joking aside, I'm really head over heals for these little darlings. They give the budding lawn and blue sky a dash of unexpected color. And that I enjoy; very, very much.

Cheers to spring and color and pretty pink flowers!

1 comment:

Maria said...

I love those flowers. They are beautiful. I bet your yard looks exceptional.

Gotta get out there and plant!!!!

You inspire me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...