Friday, April 16, 2010

Springtime Love

"Bread feeds the body, indeed, but flowers feed also the soul."
~The Koran

We're in the middle of a rather harsh spring-time storm. Tucked away under the bed, Little Peep hides, frightened by the rumbling thunder and pounding rain. I, on the other hand, pace nervously, ever so concerned about my tiny flower friends.

Just the other day I purchased a bundle of poppies, my newest flower obsession. Always an admirer, this spring I figured I'd plant a few of my own. Watching them grow and finally bloom has provided an insane amount of fun for a rather simple girl like me. I so hoped for vibrant orange petals, and as you can see, my wishing paid off.

Please, rain, don't destroy my little botanical wonders. Deal?

1 comment:

Maria said...

So pretty!! I bought seeds and a pretty planter, now I have to plant those seeds!! HMMMMMMM fresh basil will be so great.

Also bought carrots, why? Because the pesticides on store bought carrots make me wheeze! One time I cut a carrot into sticks, touched my eye without scrubbing my hands, and my eye blew up, all red and gross.

Enjoy your Saturday. Missed talking to you this week...PSSA's yuck

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...