Friday, July 16, 2010

Happy Makers

"If you want to be happy, be."
~Leo Tolstoy

Tomorrow my baby fur-face turns six years old. Yes, I'm knitting her a sweater. The nurturer in me simply couldn't resist the wonderfully fun pattern and extra chunky yarn. She's bound to earn the fashionista of the neighborhood award. Two paws up for her.


Reading...mmmm...happy sigh
This summer I've found three amazing books, all of which you must read.

The summer reading list consists of:

The Cather in the Rye by John Steinbeck
The Help by Kathryn Stockett
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Steig Larsson

I'm addicted. We won't discuss how much delicious java I've consumed on this lovely, relaxing morning, ok?

Have yourself a joyous little day, full of all kinds of happy makers.

Toodle do.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Hey! Nice summer reading choices. Had you read Catcher in the Rye before? I read it in HS and then again when Mr. Sprowls taught it when I started teaching at Berlin. Holden Caufield is a very disturbed young man.

I am reading a Nelson DeMille novel now. They are set on Long Island and sometimes NYC. I really enjoy them.

You'll find this interesting. Kate had wanted to see 'Babies' the documentary when it first came out in May. We never did get to see it but it is playing at a theater in Carlisle! so we are taking a roadtrip to Carlisle on Sunday for the 2pm showing and eating at a local Italian restaurant. If you would like to come along, let me know.

Enjoy Somerfest. we may go to the parade tonight.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...