Tuesday, December 7, 2010

My Warm Puppy

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
~Gilda Radner

I didn't sleep much last night. As a matter of fact, I woke up at 4:30 am, ran to the window, gazed upon a white wonderland, and began my "Snow Day Watch".

Charlie T. seemed pretty thrilled about having mama to lounge on the couch with. We didn't waste a minute of such a snuggly morning. At warp speed we plugged in the tree, grabbed our favorite blankies, turned on the news, made tea, and watched- not so patiently- until our school's name scrolled across the bottom of the television screen.

Happy. Happy. Joy. Joy!

Nestled? You could say so.

And all day, she's been this way. I think she's pretty thrilled that I'm here with her. She and I have been cuddle buddies all day. We've studied, done laundry, studied some more, and worked on a paper. Dinner is in the crock pot and the yummy smell has us both in an intoxicating grip.

Snow days- we love 'em.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...