Sunday, March 18, 2012

Golly-Gee

 “May God grant you always: A sunbeam to warm you, a moonbeam to charm you, a sheltering Angel so nothing can harm you. Laughter to cheer you. Faithful friends near you. And whenever you pray, Heaven to hear you.”
~ Irish Blessing


This morning, as I brewed some green tea (in honor of St. Patrick's Day) this little cloud caught my eye.  It's almost as if it were whispering, "This day will be full of wonderful, just you wait and see."

Without a doubt, 'full of wonderful' describes the day beautifully.


As a matter of fact, the day proved so wonderful, that Charlie currently rests between a blanket- think burrito style- with a pillow acting as a maraschino cherry.  
Blanket-puppy-more blanket-pillow.  Rough life, right? wink

She's exhausted, that tiny tot.  Today marked day one of her spring training.


I started with an early rise and then yoga class, followed by one of my favorite things in the entire world: garden supplies.  I quickly high-tailed it to the greenhouse, picked up some potting soil and some seed packets and a little seed germinating greenhouse thingy.  (Did I just type that?  wow. sad.)


With temperatures reaching into the mid 70s, CT and I spent the day outdoors, planting and walking and exercising and daydreaming.  We pretty much loved every second.  


We began by re-potting the seedlings I had started over the winter.  They had finally outgrown their little aluminum tin and were ready for a more stable growing environment.  We created two little pots of herbs.  One for us, and one for my sweet Mama.


If you have yet to grow your own basil and parsley, I suggest you change your habits immediately.  Life will never be the same.


And already I'm looking forward to the little seedlings this faux greenhouse promises to yield.  How convenient that the entire contraption is able to be reused and/or composted.  
Cheers to saving the Earth.


 Naturally, the seed planting component always stresses me out.  
What if I place them too deep?
What if I put too many seeds in one section?
What if I didn't dig deep enough?


Regardless, I'm going to remain optimistic.  I've seen trees growing out of cement sidewalks, so I'll cross my fingers and trust my amazing estimation skills.


After all that planting, CT and I went for a long walk in the sunshine.  Then, we came home and enjoyed a few chapters of our newest read before jetting over to 862 for a patio picnic and an ice-cream cone run.


I'd also like to point out that my pot of gold came today when my amazing father brought me a St. Patty's Day  hanging basket and washed my car.  

I'm not Irish, but I sure am lucky.
Lucky and Blessed.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...