Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Patio Relaxation

“There is practically no activity that cannot be enhanced or replaced by knitting, if you really want to get obsessive about it.”
~Stephanie Pearl-McPhee


High above the leaves appeared to glow with an electric green phosphorescence, only to be complimented by the crystal blue of the afternoon sky.  The air had a slight nip to it, giving a beautiful sunshiny day the crisp feel of a high-school football evening in September.   

I took the opportunity to grab my knitting basket and head for the patio, where, dare I say, I spent the majority of my day.  Getting some uninterrupted time with my needles and yarn proved exceptionally cathartic.


There's something about knitting- perhaps the steady rhythm or the soft feel of the yarn or the promise of something special created from a single strand- that keeps me very focused, yet completely relaxed.


Like I mentioned, I had perched myself outside, under the shade of the umbrella and steeped a fresh mug of  amazingly wonderful and beautifully colored blackberry mojito green tea.  

Sip and stitch. Sip and stitch.



  As if my world couldn't get any more perfect, I decided to snip some of my lavender.

Wow.  Heavenly delight.

Between the warm tea and the relaxing scent of lavender and the gentle click of needles this day earns a spot near the top.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...