Sunday, January 4, 2009

Farewell Holiday Break

"A vacation is having nothing to do and all day to do it in."
~Robert Orben

Tomorrow morning at aprox. 5:45 am, the alarm clock will sing, make that scream, a wake-up buzz in my ear. As usual, I'll hit snooze for about half and hour, and eventually rise from my sweet slumber around 6:20. I'll stumble to the shower, let Charlie outside in the cold, dark morning, and fumble through my closet while playing fashion show. No more lazy days for this girl.

What a fantastic two weeks it has been. I've enjoyed every second of my time off, and for the first time in quite awhile, I truly relaxed. My mind was peaceful, and my to-do list was rather short.

In preparation to say goodbye to my lovely vacation, I decided to make a list of what made it so wonderful. I'm sure I'll look over it with misty eyes. Don't go away vacation.

  • a plethora of vanilla candles- it smells like a bakery inside the walls of 403, and the gentle flickering flames look so pretty
  • cozy blankets and cuddle sessions on the couch
  • plenty and plenty of warm beverages...tea, coffee, hot cocoa
  • Charlie T. time
  • peace and quiet
  • afternoon naps
  • picture taking and photography practice
  • no bedtimes, late nights, late mornings
  • not having a schedule
  • time with my mama and a fun shopping adventure
  • more reading time than I could have wished for
  • dinners at 862 complete with warm fires
  • the return of Vixen nail polish...an old time favorite that really needed to make a reappearance
  • Teavana tea, my new perfect tea maker, and an adorable, mint green cast iron tea pot
  • sweats and hoodies and new house booties
  • evening outings
  • not thinking about lesson plans, grading papers, and PSSA scores
  • being around people that I like
  • laughing
  • New Year's Eve at the Tin Angel
  • wearing jeans
  • delicious food
  • random blog reading
  • a real tea party

I'll miss you vacation. Thanks for being so dreamy...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your discription of the ultimate vacation has left me misty eyed. I'm so happy that your much deserved days off were a pure delight. Love You Dearly, Mom

Maria said...

Cathy,

What a great list, I did a lot of those things too and it was great! I LOVE your photos, they are quite beautiful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...