Tomorrow morning at aprox. 5:45 am, the alarm clock will sing, make that scream, a wake-up buzz in my ear. As usual, I'll hit snooze for about half and hour, and eventually rise from my sweet slumber around 6:20. I'll stumble to the shower, let Charlie outside in the cold, dark morning, and fumble through my closet while playing fashion show. No more lazy days for this girl.
What a fantastic two weeks it has been. I've enjoyed every second of my time off, and for the first time in quite awhile, I truly relaxed. My mind was peaceful, and my to-do list was rather short.
In preparation to say goodbye to my lovely vacation, I decided to make a list of what made it so wonderful. I'm sure I'll look over it with misty eyes. Don't go away vacation.
- a plethora of vanilla candles- it smells like a bakery inside the walls of 403, and the gentle flickering flames look so pretty
- cozy blankets and cuddle sessions on the couch
- plenty and plenty of warm beverages...tea, coffee, hot cocoa
- Charlie T. time
- peace and quiet
- afternoon naps
- picture taking and photography practice
- no bedtimes, late nights, late mornings
- not having a schedule
- time with my mama and a fun shopping adventure
- more reading time than I could have wished for
- dinners at 862 complete with warm fires
- the return of Vixen nail polish...an old time favorite that really needed to make a reappearance
- Teavana tea, my new perfect tea maker, and an adorable, mint green cast iron tea pot
- sweats and hoodies and new house booties
- evening outings
- not thinking about lesson plans, grading papers, and PSSA scores
- being around people that I like
- New Year's Eve at the Tin Angel
- wearing jeans
- delicious food
- random blog reading
- a real tea party
I'll miss you vacation. Thanks for being so dreamy...