Monday, August 31, 2009

Freshly Sharpened Pencils? Check

"It is not what you do for your children,
but what you teach them to do for themselves
that shall determine their level of success."
~ Unknown

Welcome to room 11. We're a class of inquisitive sixth graders and we're set for a fresh, new school year, full of adventure, experimentation, limit pushing and mind bending.


The first day of school continues to excite me. Thank goodness I became a teacher. I still have a great excuse to purchase spiffy binders, purple pens, neat-o notebooks, and those ever-so-necessary colorful paperclips.

I look at this pristine,untouched classroom, filled with new books and pointy pencils, and find myself filled with hope; hope for a year where my students develop a love of learning, realize their potential, grow to love themselves, develop a healthy self-confidence, and understand that they determine their destinies.


Yes, this year shall be one of personal responsibility and challenges.


And books.

May our minds find themselves filled with new words, other worlds, and interesting characters.



See you tomorrow, sixth graders. Come prepared for an amazing year.

2 comments:

Maria said...

I want to be 11 again and have you for a teacher.

Karey said...

Your classroom looks so fun! Your students are going to love it! I especially like the book area with all the comfy pillows. Probably because that's where I would spend much of my time if I was in your class :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...