Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Slow Down, Life.

"How you spend your time is more important than how you spend your money. Money mistakes can be corrected, but time is gone forever."
~David Norris

I'm telling you, in complete honesty, that my plate is full. Full of good, good stuff, that is. How then, is it that I'm never really tired for my bed? How is it that I crave longer days to learn and make and do and play? What an interesting dilemma.

I've tried to narrow it down. I promised myself that I would no longer dabble in a little of this and a little of that. I said that I'd choose a few things and really do them well. I promised to devote my time and energies and love to the chosen few.

So, I'm sorry to admit this, but the narrowing down really didn't work. I didn't add any new interests or hobbies, but I dove really deep into those chosen few and now I'm engulfed by creative energies.

Knitting, blogging, running, reading: You have become my most favorite friends. We have some amazing times together, don't we? If I could just sneak in a few extra hours each day...then, well maybe then, I'd be making progress.

I need more time. Or, life could slow down.

However, the realist in me sees neither happening. Oh well. I'll just continue to jam pack my days and live them to the fullest. Is there any other choice?

I didn't think so. grin

1 comment:

Maria said...

Are you knitting more booties? How is the yarn bakery business?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...