Wednesday, October 5, 2011

"Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened."
~ Buddha


I got real personal with autumn today.  

Hubbo and I tackled the lawn this evening...double-teamed it, if you will.  I had the luxury of enjoying the scent of decaying leaves and soggy acorn hats, while he trimmed the lush grass and worked on the edging.  I'll also throw in that I raked and raked and raked, gathering two bags of mucky and waterlogged pine needles.  Like I mentioned, it was personal.  Maybe even intimate. ha. 

For numerous reasons, today proved interesting.  I teeter between being annoyed, angry, disappointed, and thankful.  Like I said, it proved interesting.  Never-the-less,  I'm so thankful that after our evening chores Ninja and I enjoyed a slow dinner of grilled treats and baked potatoes and finished while eating dark chocolate, drinking coffee, and having the most wonderful conversation on the kitchen floor.  

happy sigh.

1 comment:

Greta said...

conversation on the kitchen floor? Need to try that one. Miss you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...