Sunday, October 23, 2011

Frost on the Punkins

"A few days ago I walked along the edge of the lake and was treated to the crunch and rustle of leaves with each step I made.  The acoustics of this season are different and all sounds, no matter how hushed, are as crisp as autumn air."
~Eric Sloane


I spent yesterday tangled with my yarn- ultra creamy, dreamy, baby alpaca yarn.  Now I'm craving all things warm and cozy, including tons of knitting, plenty of reading, and baking artisan bread .  Give me a log cabin, some candles, a cracking fire, and a warm blanket and I promise you'll never hear from me again.  
Pinky swear.


So this morning, when I let Little One out to Potty, you can imagine my happiness when I noticed the soft, lush grass had transformed into a crystallized forest of shimmery ice and crunchy leaves.


Today marked the kick-off.  It was the day I wait for all year.

Go grab some hot apple cider and a cinnamon stick and clink your mug against mine.  
Cheers to the first frost, my friends.

1 comment:

Maria said...

I love this post. It makes me feel warm and cozy...I love your pictures too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...