Sunday, February 12, 2012

Big Puppy Dreams

"The Eskimos had 52 names for snow because it was important to them; there ought to be as many for love."
~ M. Atwood


Quietly, she stared out the window, watching as the snow covered the lawn and decorated the trees.  


"Please, Mama," she begged.  "I want to play in the snow."

"But we're warm and snug in here, CT,"  I replied.  "Look how windy and cold it it out there.  You're sure to freeze your little paws off."

"But, Mama, I really, really want to, and I've been such a good puppy," she sweetly reminded me.  

...


So, her Papa Bear took her on a small snow adventure.
She roamed and frolicked, while he carved her a potty path.


After a few minutes of intense investigation and the pummeling of harsh winds, she made her way back to the door.


"All finished, Mama," she said.  "I'd like to come in and get warm now."


...


So, of course, we made ginger peach green tea, read the newspaper and snuggled in.


..and melted hearts.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Awwww cute little Charlie T. Most loved puppy in the world.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...