Saturday, February 11, 2012

A 'Me Day' With My Favorite Things

“With realization of one’s own potential and self-confidence in one’s ability, one can build a better world.” 
- Dalai Lama 


Last Saturday I had a little "Me Day" and spent most of the day doing things for myself, in my pajamas, with messy hair, and a bottomless cup of hot coffee, mind you.
  

Throw in some Mod Podge, old glass jars, and a few falling-apart books and the wonderful factor greatly increased.  happy sigh


The thing I enjoyed most about this little craft was that it required me to spend zero dollars.  Hooray for the frugal and re-purposed life. 


You see, I had been stashing away glass jars for quite awhile (with the intent that I would find a genius use for them).  I also found myself a few favorite books (Nancy Drew, Little House on the Prairie, and Anne of Green Gables) that were beyond repair, and then raided my craft closet for the simple garden twine.  

Taa-daa! 


Candles and Books and Glass Jars and Garden Twine= My favorite things

1 comment:

Greta said...

Doesn't the paper catch on fire? I'm confused. :/ It doesn't take much to confuse me though when it comes to crafts- definitely NOT my gift which really bums me out. My daughter however LOVES it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...