Thursday, February 23, 2012

He's a Little Shy

"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either.” 
~Elizabeth Zimmerman


Meet Freddie.


He's hiding because he knows that most people believe dinosaurs are extinct.  
There's no need to cause a stir, right?

It's simple, really.  He's not looking for riches and fame.
He's not in the mood for interviews and paparazzi and magazine covers.


All that Freddie wants is to meet his new friend, Liam and tell him bedtime stories and hang-out well into the nighttime hours.

Freddie and Liam.
Sounds like a crazy duo.
wink


...

I approached this task with a bit of unease, as I had never knitted a "toy" before.  Well, well, well...
Let's just say that I ended up writing my very own pattern, as the internet turned up zilch in the line of stegosaurus finger puppets.

I present, Freddie, a unique, one-of-a-kind, total Cathy creation.


As much as I worried about this little guy, he turned out to be quite the fun, challenging project.


Freddie the Stegosaurus, est. February 2012

3 comments:

Maria said...

Your talents never cease to amaze me Mrs. Wheeler! Next I see you making finger puppets to go with a child's picture book....Hey there you go...write a children's book and then make the toy that sells with it...I will make the audio CD that goes with the story and Jack can find the sound effects for the background...we can retire from teaching in a school and teach in more creative ways without worrying about PSSA's, IEPs and behavior plans...are you in????

Maria said...

PS...at first I saw the cage and thought you got a bird and named if Freddie

Greta said...

Dinosaurs are so cool! Can I tell you The Land Before Time is Judson's new favorite. I'm sick of Ducky and his Yep yep yep responses. You are so talented friend. But I know you already know that! Love you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...