Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Welcome Autumn

Simply put, I love this time of year. The leaves are just beginning to change, mums are now gracing the porches of many homes, and pumpkins are popping up everywhere. Autumn brings about the cozy feeling I always search out. A true lover of warm apple cider, the smell of cinnamon, and jeans/sweaters #1 fan; I couldn't be happier. May the leaves start falling!

With the days getting shorter and the nights colder, I'll be forced to say good-bye to my evening walks, flower tending, and general time outside. Therefore I decided to take up some new hobbies. I've always been interested in photography and recently, a brand new Nikon camera magically appeared in my bed. I was, and am, beyond thrilled and signed up to take a photography class. I have high aspirations for myself....let's hope I'm successful. I have this image of using a modern approach and not following the typical rules of portrait taking. Wish me luck.

Also, when signing up for my photography class, I came across a stained glass class. I've been having a huge urge to purchase a Tiffany lamp, but now I have the opportunity to make my own. I'm beyond excited. Who knows...maybe I'll be opening my own workshop soon and you can come shop in my gallery. Try to hide your excitement.....

For now, I'm off to finish the Oreo brownies for Ava's 3rd birthday. I'd love to be 3 again, if for no other reason than to eat these brownies without the guilt of an exercise slave.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Cathy,

I love Autumn too. Especially that non politically correct term "Indian Summer". This weekend is supposed to be beautiful! Enjoy the warm sunshine and changing leaves!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...