Wednesday, July 1, 2009

From Sunshine to Sunsets, These are the Thoughts in My Mind

"It's never too late--never too late to start over, never too late to be happy."
~Jane Fonda


Is it just me or does vacation provide the perfect outlet to reflect upon one's life?

As I sat along the sunny shores of Lido Beach and gazed upon a wave of colorful umbrellas, my mind drifted, much like that of the kite soaring high above. Na, I never really get too caught up in the crazy beach scene. Rather, I've always been one to lay on my towel and think, toss around ideas, and then think a bit more.


It's interesting to watch as life unfolds, isn't it? We see our friends choose career paths, watch as the person who sat next to us in homeroom starts a family, and even stand faithfully by acting as a bridesmaid or groomsman in our best friend's wedding. We observe our friends and family at their happiest, yet we cry with them as they suffer personal or emotional trials.

Life. It's totally our choice. And, wow, we certainly have plenty of choices, don't we?

Ever since I was a wee little-tyker, I wanted to be a teacher. Just ask the neighborhood children I grew up with. I would force them to play school and I even assigned homework. I spent my adolescent years working as a nanny, a ski instructor, a camp counselor, and as a volunteer at Children's Hospital in Pittsburgh.

I've never deviated from the plan.


However, as I grow and experience and learn and watch and contemplate, I can't help but to think of all the world has to offer. Not to mention, all that I have to offer the world.

I'll probably always be a teacher. However, I do so wonder what it would be like to take some more photography classes and take pictures of people at their happiest. Ya know, capture love?


Or, what about that little shop on the corner that I'd love to open? Or the magazine I want to write for? Or the bed and breakfast I dream of owning and operating?

Why oh why do I suffer from this insane urge to do more?


Do you think it's possible to live multiple lives, while still remaining the same person?


I sure hope so. You see, there are too many things I want to do, and not enough years in which to squeeze it all in. (sigh)

2 comments:

Maria said...

I want to go to there.

Seriously, I understand your desire to do other careers.

You are so wonderfully talented in so many things and you are such an inspiration to me and to so many people.

I hope you get a chance to try some of those. I want to stay at that B&B when you open it.

I hope your photography decorates the walls!

Don't forget blog2print.com to publish your blog.

Greta said...

That bird was HUGE! Living multiple lives... hmmm... I can identify with that thought. I have a list and now is the time for me to do it all. I think my life is as easy as it will EVER be right now. However, I continue to let each day fly by and not really "live" it. I know YOU can do anything YOU put your mind to- Cathy Lynn. Miss you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...