Monday, June 21, 2010

Oh, Sweet Summer

"That beautiful season . . . the Summer of All-Saints! Filled was the air with a dreamy and magical light; and the landscape lay as if new created in all the freshness of childhood."
~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

My list of things to accomplish today grows by the millisecond. I find myself so motivated when it's pretty outside. I'll chalk it up to the sunshine and warmth and beautiful blossoms. Days like today make me feel like I should pay to live; like Mother Nature should charge me a fee for enjoying her amusement park.

Today I enjoyed a very productive walk with my pal and her kiddos. We chatted, walked errands, purchased fresh bread and veggies at the local fruit market, and capped off the adventure with a little playground time for the tiny-tots.

I also managed to find some time to relax and enjoy the blue skies. There's something beyond wonderful about a few hours perched under one's favorite tree. Who says I can't convert a beach towel into a lawn towel? Not me. I'd rather be in my backyard anyway. Give me my book and a free afternoon and I'll be the happiest thing on this green earth.

While lounging under the shade of Terrance, it amazed me at the beauty of the landscape around me. It's something I see everyday, but sometimes when I take myself out of the experience and look at a scene with a new set of eyes, the vision proves especially delightful.

Watching the flowers reach to the sun and seeing the tiny bugs as they gently landed on the pages of my book, reminded me of what an amazing place I get to call home. How lucky I am to have today. How lucky I am to have peace. How luck I am to be.


Happy first day of summer. Cheers to the first of many!

1 comment:

Maria said...

Glad that you enjoyed your first day of summer. We packed a lot in our first day. So glad to be spending time with my kids, enjoying the sun and heat, particularly after this cold winter.

I love your pretty flowers. I planted some seeds and I am anxious to see what is there when I return home.

My basil is starting to smell really good.I will share some if it survives the next two weeks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...