Monday, March 16, 2009

Pot of Gold: Green Sprouts and Dirt Therapy

"Green is the prime color of the world, and that from which its loveliness arises."
~ Pedro Calderon de la Barca
I'm beyond relieved. To be honest, I know God is really looking out for my gardening self-esteem.

Remember when I carefully and tenderly planted those pretty little packets of lavender seeds? Thankfully, after much delicate spraying, plenty of sunshine, a warm temperature, and lots of TLC, the first sprouts are sprouting!

I also took some time this evening to plant some of the cuttings that have been patiently rooting on my sunny windowsill. It was gratifying to see them in their new homes. I'm quite certain they were tired of lounging in tiny vases of high quality H2O. It was time. They were finally mature. They needed to move on.

Why is playing in the dirt such a satisfying adventure? humm.... Being that I am often classified as a neat-freak, this seems to be a serious contradiction. Oh well, I'm a difficult creature to figure out.

Blessings and Luck.

Keep growing little seeds. You can do it!

1 comment:

Maria said...

I love planting herbs. one of my college friends grows Basil and makes her own homemade Pesto. The plant gets as big as a small bush. It's incredible!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...