Monday, March 16, 2009

Pot of Gold: Possibility

"A thought, even a possibility, can transform us."
~ Friedrich Nietzsche
Grab a cupcake, your favorite afghan or quit, make a cup of tea and come settle in. It's such a quiet evening with nothing but the sound of gentle rain and a sleeping puppy.

Alright- (smile)- okay- (smile)- I'll admit it. I was daydreaming today, and maybe yesterday, too (wink).

Down the lane from where I live sits the most charming and quaint humble abode. It was built in the 1930s and probably hasn't been updated since. It's for sale and the price is right.

Aren't you just dying to see the inside? I wonder if it has a claw foot tub? Does the bedroom have a fireplace? Are the floors bare wood?

While sitting there, perched among a family of well established pine trees, it tugs at me, pulling my heartstrings, and gently whispering sweet nothings in my ear. I'm pretty sure it wants me to buy it and make it into a bed and breakfast, a sweet and warm weekend retreat. I'd make plenty of goodies and pots of tea and kettles of coffee- I promise.

"Little White Cozy Cottage" has the most snugly porch and enormous lawn. I wish I could weave the perfect descriptive picture, but I promise an actual photo tomorrow. I was on my way to play photographer today, when I was stopped short. The inside of the house was lit up people were mulling about. Since I didn't want to land myself a shady reputation, I turned around and returned to my home.

I'm such a sucker for old, left-over, abandoned, or forgotten objects. I feel some innate desire to nurture, love, and befriend those things that have been past over for bigger, better, newer, and cleaner. What's the fun in something that doesn't come with a story?

Who knows, perhaps one day I'll find that creative outlet that allows me to tap into my personal desire to own my own business and make executive decisions.

Perhaps with some blessings and luck my little daydream could emerge as a true possibility. I've got my fingers crossed and a prayer in my heart.

1 comment:

Greta said...

I LOVE old homes too. Jeremy and I were driving through an older home neighborhood and I said LOOK AT THAT PORCH! He then reminded me of how much money I'd need to fix it up. Oh well, I can dream right? I'll just let you do it and then come visit. :)
miss you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...