Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Knitting, Coffee, and a Puppy

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."
~Robert Brault

It's a dreary day and it also happens to be the last day of Easter vacation. Charlie T. and I decided it would be a perfect day for knitting. We've been cuddled up and knitting this curly whirly scarf for the past few hours.

I have a thing for scarves. Actually, I have an entire drawer in my dresser devoted to them. The drawer has become so full that my closet now has numerous ones draped over hangers or hiding out under winter coats.

I think it's still raining or drizzling or misting. Whatever it's doing outside doesn't really matter. We're quite cozy in here-- drinking coffee and knitting like grannies.

Yesterday, my mama and I enjoyed a day out. We visited some of our favorite haunts, but spent hours at Kathy's Kreations in Ligonier where we were enveloped into a world of yarns and wonder. Looking at the cute little puppy in the above photo, you'd never imagine that she'd sneak into my knitting bag and chew my bamboo needles. No. Not a chance. Not her. (wink*)

Imagine my happiness and surprise when I found a used bin of knitting needles in search of a new home! And, to make matters even better, they were only 50 cents a pair. Lucky me!

2 comments:

Angie said...

Cathy,
Hey! Didn't know you had a blog! I saw you joined my blog and clicked on your prfile and found your blog!
Great pictures and insight!
I will be following along!

Greta said...

Oh Charlie Cutie! I miss that hyper little licking canine. He was always so much fun! Knitting like grannies- great imagery. :) I miss you friend. Wish I were there to enjoy the "littles" with you. xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...