Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Let the Sun Shine

"To be interested in the changing seasons is a happier state of mind than to be hopelessly in love with Spring."
~George Santayana, American Philosopher

Oh Spring, Oh Spring, where art thou? It would be really nice to see your sweet, warm face and feel the gentle breeze blow through the air. I'd love to start taking afternoon walks with the puppy, or enjoy an evening stroll with my honey pie.

But, alas, winter continues to hold my flippies and shorts and little seedlings hostage. How they would relish the opportunity to venture out of stuffy closets, tightly packed drawers, and makeshift greenhouses. Shine sun, shine- You can do it!

No, I'm not hopelessly in love with Spring. I'm just in the mood for a change of pace. Plus, these pussy willows are so looking forward to being firmly planted in a sunny outdoor location. Although peaceful and content on the shelf above my desk, they are excited for a more organic home. They are ready. They told me so today.

What do ya say, Mr. Golden? Will you come out and play? (pretty please, with a cherry on top)

1 comment:

Maria said...

I'll be your best friend if you come out Ms. Spring!!

remember when that phrase was worth so very much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...