Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Going Green

"As long as you're green, you're growing. As soon as you're ripe, you start to rot."
~ Ray Kroc

We've had more than our fair share of snow. Actually, the National Weather Service recently declared that Somerset County may have broken the snowfall record set in the long ago, prehistoric days. I assume we can safely say we're under about 55 inches of fluffy, white precipitation.

I'm probably one of the few who's totally un-bothered by the snow. In fact, I find it calming and relaxing. Then again, school gets canceled and I can stay home and create things. It's quite wonderful- really. You certainly won't find me complaining.

I spent the day with my mama, who conveniently, lives right around the corner. We had ourselves a lovely little day, full of baking cookies, knitting, sitting by the fire and planting grass. Yes, that's correct-- planting grass!

We do this every year, so don't go thinking that we needed a change from the white fluff that covers the windows or that we're trying to undo the Groundhog's curse. Na- we just enjoy these fancy-shmancy pots of greenery.

In about three weeks we'll have ourselves some beautiful, lush, green grass, while the rest of the town shall gaze upon icy roadways and brown, slushy lawns.

How's that for thinkin' ahead?

1 comment:

Maria said...

This is a great idea. I actually want to plant (and keep alive) some herbs this year. I had some pre-J and K, and since they have been hanging around, I never got back to planting some. Nothing would please me more, than snipping a fresh herb and adding it to one of my soups or pasta sauce.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...