Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snow Much Fun

"The aging process has you firmly in its grasp if you never get the urge to throw a snowball."
~Doug Larson

I started out last Saturday day with a pile of ironing and a boat-load of laundry. No thanks. Most weekends I iron and iron and then iron a bit more. I fold piles of under-roos, stack towels, and do that flippie thing with socks.

But, as I watched the Blizzard of 2010 pour heaping piles of snow upon my little neighborhood, I suddenly felt these tiny little pangs of silliness and irresponsibility. Without hesitating, I text messaged my friend, Alicia.

Me: "Have snow pants?"
Her: "Yes, why?"
Me: "We are walking to Starbucks."
Her: "Sounds fun. Let's go."

Twenty minutes later, I walked through the snow covered streets to pick her up. Our little snow adventure turned into an entire afternoon of fun, laughs and memory making. So much for that laundry. It wasn't seen again until 9:30 pm on Monday night.

We probably walked through 6 miles of thick, ankle deep snow. And, due to the 33 inches of fluff, Starbucks actually closed. No worries. Sheetz came to the rescue, and their coffee proved quite a warm treat.

Severe snow storms prove highly entertaining for people such as myself. It almost seems as if all the laws and rules that typically apply, are thrown out the window and into the sub-zero air. Fun!

As we walked down the middle of Main Street, going the wrong direction, we passed this lovely ATV. We also had encounters with the National Guard and a few snowmobiles that were serving as rescue vehicles for our fire department. Desperate times call for desperate measures, right?

I can honestly say that the Starbucks Walk turned into one of the most fun adventures I've had in a long time. I mean really, how many times can you just toss on some snow pants, walk down the middle of every major road in town and drink coffee with good friends?

Live the moment. Live every day like it's your last.

1 comment:

Maria said...

You are so inspiring, fun and positive!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...