Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A Letter to the Blizzard

"The snow itself is lonely or, if you prefer, self-sufficient. There is no other time when the whole world seems composed of one thing and one thing only."
~ Joseph Wood Krutch

Dear Bliz,

I risk sounding rude, but I must tell you that your little antics drive my Chad-o insane. As you probably already know, most of the north-east finds itself safely indoors, enjoying hot cocoa, movies or long winter naps.

But not Ninja...no sir-ree. He constantly spends his free time shoveling and cleaning out the driveway and dusting off the cars. Recently though, I've become quite concerned. You see, he deems it perfectly necessary to shovel the roof. Yes, the roof of the house.

I understand that you're having a blast unleashing your unharnessed fury upon us small and meek mortals, but seriously, do you understand? My husband has taken to shoveling the roof! And, unfortunately he's been up there 3 or 4 times since Saturday. Forgive me, but I've lost count.

I'm in a rough spot here. I kinda like, I mean I really like, all of this snow. I find it cozy and relaxing, but then again, I'm not out climbing around on the roof. I'm fully enjoying my snowday vacations and making the most of this unplanned time off.

The boy, however, doesn't feel the same way. He's annoyed. And, perhaps a bit paranoid about the roof caving in. I tend to think he might be acting a bit extreme, but I suppose it pays to be prepared.

In closing, I just wanted to ask that you keep up the good work- at least well enough to cancel school- but take it a bit easier on dear Chad-0. He just might lose it. Or fall. Yikes!

Thanks for listening.

2 comments:

Maria said...

I think it would be fun to jump into the snow from your roof! I'll bring the hot chocolate and we can have a little snow party!

Greta said...

He is such a busy body! :) Aren't you glad he has that gene and not you? You can cook up the yummies and he can do the labor outside. Sounds like a perfect deal to me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...