Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Scent-Sational Treat

"It is going to be a really cozy, warm, home atmosphere."
~T. Anderson

My mom always comes up with the most nifty ideas. Today, while visiting with her, we stood at the kitchen counter peeling clementines and drinking coffee- really, really good coffee.

We probably peeled about 4 little orange treats when she suddenly scooped the rinds out of the sink and threw them in a saucepan with water. As she flitted around the kitchen, she added a little of this and a smidgen of that. Before I knew it, the entire house sported a delicate citrus and cinnamon fragrance.

Needless to say, after I arrived home, I committed the ultimate crime-- I copied her. Err! What I'd give to come up with these things on my own. I can't stand a copycat, especially the sneaky copycat, and now, look at me. I'm a complete hypocrite!

In an attempt to rectify my copying ways, I'll share the recipe with you. (wink, wink) All better, right?

I present, Jossie's Stove Top Bliss
In a small saucepan, combine a the rinds of a few
clementines and a cup or so of water.
Sprinkle in bunch of cinnamon and nutmeg
Add a few cloves ( I prefer a hearty amount)

Now, go grab that book, cuddle with your puppy and indulge in a night of relaxation. Trust me, you'll never want to buy an expensive scented candle again.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Thank you for the recipe dear. Great idea. It is so "green" too. I love that. Hope to see you tomorrow. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...