Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A New Favorite

"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art."
- La Rochefoucauld

Not working much (Thank you snow!) has afforded me the opportunity to play around in the kitchen, experiment with new foods and dine on some delicious treats.

Recently I've become obsessed with quinoa. The yum factor and texture have my taste buds smiling and my brain thinking up new ways to incorporate this little grain into more meals and recipes.

Quinoa Stuffed Peppers, anyone?
Veggies and beans and quinoa not only exist as the perfect pepper stuffer, but also provide quite the protein kick and nutritional value.

Yum. Yum. Yum.


2 comments:

Maria said...

Is that celery, carrots, beans and onions with your quinoa? Looks yummy. I need to bring a piece of torta for you tomorrow.

Cooking is not only fun, but a good way to stay warm! I have had the oven on all day.

Greta said...

Not a pepper or onion girl... what is quinoa exactly? You are so healthy. Send that mentality my way please.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...