Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Finishing Touches

"I'm the type who'd be happy not going anywhere as long as I was sure I knew exactly what was happening at the places I wasn't going to. I'm the type who'd like to sit home and watch every party that I'm invited to on a monitor in my bedroom."
~Andy Warhol

I wish you could be here now. The puppy is curled in the corner of the couch, chili simmers on the stove, Rice Krispie treats are made and candles gently flicker throughout the house.

I'm pretty content, at the moment, tucked away under a warm afghan, with my feet wrapped in a most fluffy pair of new Christmas socks.

For the most part, we've been extremely busy around here. Chad-o, in all his masculine wonder, kindly assembled my new desk. I give him major credit. Just looking at all the pieces made me dizzy. He, however, proved a different story. Without one complaint or even a hint of frustration, he put together my little desk, and made me one very happy girl.

I'm so pleased. I actually wish I had work to do, or piles of papers to check. But, since I don't, I'll allow myself to sit back, relax, sip tea and dream.

See that sturdy, wooden chair? It was a gift to my dad from my Nana, some thirty years ago, when he first opened his dental office. I love that. Sentimental value.

As for the rest of what you see here, there's plenty of more meaning. It's an ultra necessary ingredient in my decorating scheme. I enjoy when there's more than meets the eye. Think of it as a story told through stuff.

So, my darlings, welcome to my office.

1 comment:

Maria said...

so beautiful, warm and inviting! Great job Cathy! I saw your little phone in the corner. I hope to hear the story of every piece in that room.

My dad is in over night. they are doing a catherization tomorrow. it was a heart attack. It will take some recouperating time.

Thanks for the prayers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...