Thursday, December 17, 2009

White Christmas Happiness

"I'm dreaming of a white Christmas
Just like the ones I used to know
Where the treetops glisten
and children listen
To hear sleigh bells in the snow."
~Irving Berlin

Last school year, I treated myself to coffee on Thursday and Friday mornings. It served as a little "congrats to me" for making it through another week of work. Although I'm not sure why, I decided that this year, coffee would fill a critical role in my daily morning routine...every morning...Monday-Friday. Yep- totally critical. And, quite possibly, totally necessary.

Therefore, I found myself pleasantly surprised yesterday morning when I went to refill and reheat my cup of high-test energy. Sitting so nicely, all decked out in a shroud of festive wonder, rested a large tin of sweet and salty deliciousness.

I'm thankful this sweet treat was perched in a public place and meant for the entire middle school staff. Otherwise, it's quite possible, that I would have stood at the counter and imbibed every last morsel.

How on Earth can one resist the temptation of M&Ms, especially when they're decked out in their yuletide garb?

Well, I'll be honest. I can't. I found the maker of this amazing concoction and requested the recipe. Today I returned to Kitchen 403, donned my apron and got to work.

This is my kind of recipe.

Kinda healthy, a little sweet, a little salty, really easy, minimal clean-up.

2 pkgs. of vanilla chips
3 tablespoons vegetable oil

1 pkg. mini pretzels
5 cups Cheerios
5 cups Corn Checks
2 cups Salted Peanuts (I used about 1/2 cup)
1 pound M&Ms
In a large bowl, mix the five dry ingredients and set aside.

Then, melt the vanilla chips until they are ooey-gooey .

Finally, drizzle the melted wonder over the cereal mix, carefully tossing to coat all the pieces evenly.

I'll be honest, this "White Christmas Party Mix" is highly addictive. It's the perfect grab-and-go snack for this ultra busy, hustle and bustle, holiday season.

Eat and be Merry.

2 comments:

Greta said...

Mine's a little different but I make a ton of this for gifts. :) It is VERY addictive. I think I ate my weight in it last year.
xoxo

Maria said...

It was very yummy. I think I got one hand full. The kids finished it off!


Sorry about the soup:( I feel like such a heal.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...