Sunday, December 13, 2009

Secret Santa

"It is the personal thoughtfulness, the warm human awareness, the reaching out of the self to one's fellow man, that makes giving worthy of the Christmas spirit."
~ Isabel Currier

Yesterday, Kitchen 862 was filled with activity and sweetness. I like to think that it resembled a little Christmas bake shoppe, one of magic and wonder and warmth, tucked away on a bustling street at the North Pole.

In this little sweet shoppe, my mama and I busied ourselves with making treats and goodies for our most favorite dearies. This year, we tried some new ideas and came up with a few new concoctions.

And, just so you know, these yummies earned a blue ribbon from our favorite Elf, Millie.

Next year, it's very possible that we may go corporate.

2 comments:

Maria said...

Those look delicious! My kids like to stir their hot chocolate with candy canes and something like that would make it sweeter.

My kids made their favorite soups tonight. we baked a batch of cookies and a pumpkin cake, bringing some of that in tomorrow.

AND..I love you writing. I am just imaging how cool would be to live at the North Pole and helping Santa make treats for everyone. No paperwork, no iep inputs needed, no meetings, just baking, testing new creations and smelling sugar and spices all day!

Greta said...

YUM. You need to send me some favorite Christmas recipes so I can try new ones. I think of your mom and you and how I want to create that relationship with Joyner. Every time we bake I think of you guys. :)

Miss you.. xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...