Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Successful Recycling

"Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients
of a truly merry Christmas."
~Peg Bracken

I've always found sincere enjoyment in wrapping packages and making them pretty. I like to think of it as part of the present- a little extra- an added bonus.

What is it about an elegant package that ignites a supreme sense of excitement? Is it the paper?Perhaps the ribbon? Maybe the nifty tie-on ornament? I know how I feel when I see my name scrawled upon the tag of a gift wrap masterpiece. I get all jittery and mind races to figure out what could hide under such a snazzy exterior.
Ohh~ the suspense!

This year, as I planned my wrapping paper artistry, I made a choice. Rather than purchase all new wrapping paper and accessorizing supplies, I decided to use up what I already had. Honestly, "making do" filled me with an intense sense of gratification and Eco-friendliness . Maybe next year I'll opt for new paper and ribbon, but this year I'm enjoying the idea of being environmentally responsible, if not a bit hodge-podge.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...